Retrofit Wall Insulation
Insulating Walls for new and existing homes.
Newly built homes in the ACT must have a minimum R-Value of R2 for their cavity walls. Cavity Retrofit Wall Insulation wasn’t compulsory when building a new house in the ACT until 1995, therefore if your house was built before this time there is a very high chance your house has no cavity wall insulation.
Cavity brick walls have a high thermal mass, and without insulation are usually too cold in winter and often too warm for the hot Canberra summers.
Prior to installing cavity wall insulation as per Australian and New Zealand safety standards AS/NZS 3000:2007 Electrical Wiring Rules, it is a requirement that an electrical safety inspection is performed. This may result in an electrical upgrade requirement prior to installation.
How can I insulate my walls on my existing home?
- Insulpro has purpose-built machines for retro fitting houses with cavity wall insulation.
- We pump down the wall cavity from the roof or drill holes in the mortar under the windows or in areas that can’t be accessed from the roof cavities.
- Insulpro is one of the only insulation companies that has their own Electricians to perform your safety inspection and complete any upgrades required.
- Insulpro can offer a more competitive price as we don’t need to employ contractors to do the insulation or electrical works.
Benefits and Specifications on Rockwool Retrofit Wall insulation
- Health Safe: Rockwool was classified as ‘Class 3’ by the World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research into Cancer (IARC) in October 2001. This means the product is not considered as carcinogenic.
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC): ROCKWOOL obtains a ‘pass’ when tested for VOC and does not represent a risk to the health or wellbeing of occupiers of buildings.
- Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP): ROCKWOOL does not use ODP chemicals in the manufacturing process and ODP chemicals cannot be formed during the manufacturing process.
- No Asbestos: No ROCKWOOL products contain any asbestos.
- Non-combustibility: ROCKWOOL stonewool products are non-combustible. The rockwool (stonewool) products achieve this result when tested to all the international standards, eg; AS 1530.1, BS 476 pt4, ASTM E 136, IMO A799, DIN 4102.